Sunday, November 29, 2009

Another agent -- and he's building his list!




The Write Stuff is happy to welcome Evan Goldfried, who joined Jill Grinberg Literary Management, a boutique agency based in New York, in May 2009. The agency is best known for its award winning and bestselling children's and young adult list, which includes Scott Westerfeld (Leviathan), Garth Nix (The Seventh Tower), Catherine Gilbert Murdock (Front and Center), and the Bemelmans Estate for the Madeline series. But they also represent a diverse mix of adult fiction and nonfiction authors, such as biographer, New York Times bestseller and National Book Award finalist T.J. Stiles (The First Tycoon: The Epic Life of Cornelius Vanderbilt). Evan came to JGLM after five years at the William Morris Agency, where he sold both domestic and foreign rights after years of working with many of the agency's clients.

In October he stopped by the Absolute Write Water Cooler to say hello to the online writing community, and wrote:

“I'm here at JGLM building my client list, and I'm looking primarily for fiction. I recently submitted my first project with JGLM, which sold at auction for six figures, so I'm off to a good start! My passion has always been fantasy (urban and epic) and speculative fiction for both adults and YA/middle grade. I particularly love a story that's set in our time, but tweaks reality just slightly, be it time travel (Ken Grimwood, one of my favorites) or vampires. I've also become, thanks to Christina Dodd, Charlaine Harris, and JR Ward, a fan of paranormal romance. I'm also a fan of suspense/mysteries/spy thrillers.”

Evan has also been a lifetime lover of graphic novels.

Since literary agents are uber-busy—and we wouldn’t want to be responsible for keeping Evan from a manuscript, would we?—click here to read The 7 Question Interview with Evan Goldfried at WritingRaw.com, which covers the basics and more.


His opening is music to an aspiring author’s ears: “Let me start by saying that I am actively building my client list, and welcome queries.” I’m sure you’ll want to read more!


Click here to read about his six-figure deal with Del Ray for author Kevin Hearne's urban fantasy trilogy.


We look forward to hosting Evan at The Write Stuff.

Days until registration opens: 47!

No comments :

Post a Comment